Sunday, August 9, 2009

JoDa - XII

Today is our 12th wedding anniversary. I can honestly say I'm happier now than I was 12 years ago. You all know it hasn't been a whole 12 years of a perfect dream marriage but we've been solid and I'm thankful for my wonderful hubby.

Half of 12 is 6 and on our wedding day Fr. Jim told us there are 6 little words that can help us get far in our marriage.

I AM SORRY - I FORGIVE YOU

Over the last 12 years I've probably uttered the "I am sorry" part more than Joe has and thankfully he will always say, albeit cheeky sometimes, "I forgive you." It definitely works on healing during those times where gosh darn one of us just screws up.

For me, I think every married couple should go to a wedding every year if possible. For real, who can't imagine themselves on their own wedding day when they are sharing in another couples happiness? And it's fun to think back to your own wedding and say "good gravy the styles have changed!"

To Josephus, thanks for being a wonderful life partner, and thanks for being such a great Dad to the kids too. I hope we last another MXII years. ;)

Here is an adorable picture that Tommy just took of us. Can you figure out what we two geeks are doing? A gold cyber-star for the person who guesses correctly.

15 comments:

Julie said...

My guess you are looking at your wedding pictures.
Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple! I look forward to celebrating your 25th in 13 more years.

Dawn said...

Thanks Julie - You are so sentimental with that guess. Nope it's nothing to do with our anniversary. It's more to do with our daily geekdom we live in.

Jill said...

Joe is teaching Dawn how to do something on her I phone.

Dawn said...

Jill - You are getting warmer but it's not the Iphone.

mrs.notouching said...

Happy anniversary!!!
You are watching Ashley break dancing on the floor?

sherri and Adam said...

Happy Anniversary! My guess is your twittering about how you guys love each other! Hope to celebrate your 25th in 13 more years! Adam and I just celebrated knowing each other exactely half our lives! CRAZY!

Julie said...

Ok - next guess. You are looking at your Macbook. Joe's FB page and reading all the congrats! messages you received.

Dawn said...

Thanks girl's. Sherri 's probably the closest. We were reading all of Joe's twitter messages on his MacBook. Julie gets honorable mention.

It was a good day, an anniversary less ordinary as it was really just an ordinary day. :)

Renee said...

Happy Anniversary a little late! Hope you guys had a wonderful day!

Jill said...

I hope you guys had a great day.
A toast to many more.
Love you guys

Dawn said...

Thank you Renee & Jill - I do love the oaf. He left me a nice little note by my phone today. So much better than a text message. He's okay. :)

Barbara said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Isn't great that when you're with the right person, things just keep getting better?

Great job with the picture Tommy!!

Sheila said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Dawn said...

Thanks Barbara & Sheila

Kiera said...

Happy belated anniversary! Gotta love the Macbooks!

Hope you are all having a great time on vacation!