It's that time of year again. The Top 11 Events of 2011! I'd have to rank 2011 a 9 out of 10 stars. Nothing outrageous happened but it was a great year with more ups than downs that is for sure. I guess it was a pretty typical year. We continue to be blessed with a nice home with wonderful neighbors, good jobs, good friends, our health (minus some Aus issues), and a great life.
11. Ashley's extracurriculars - She's still doing great in Honeybees but also started taking jazz and ballet. She's in the big girl room at school now and is definitely not a baby anymore.
10 - Austin made his altar serving debut. I was so proud of him and Tommy was so great helping him out not to mention our wonderful priest Fr. Tipton making him feel comfortable. I still get nervous when he's up there.
9. Cedar Point & Michigan's Adventure - We bought season passes this year and spent many days in Sandusky, OH and Muskegon, MI riding such thrills as the Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster and that corny tilt-a-whirl. We also soaked up some sun in the water parks there. I can't wait to go back!
8. Reese Rocket Baseball - Tommy & Austin both played Little League and did well. Tommy played for the 10U travel team and were 1st place champs in 3 of the 4 tournaments they entered. Tommy had some struggles at the plate initially but finished the season well. Austin did great not ever needing the tee. Next year will be interesting when they start counting outs, keeping score, and he faces live pitching from the players.
7. Tommy started playing the trumpet. He's following in his parent's footsteps. :) Jury is still out on how it's going. Some days he loves it other days he wishes he could quit. After spending $700 on a trumpet I'm hoping he sticks it out for a few years. Spoiled beast, Joe's hand me down cornet just wasn't cutting it.
6. Austin's hockey - After a slow start he is doing pretty good with his little team in Ann Arbor. These kids (and some young adults) all have some sort of difficulty be it CP like Austin, or Down's Syndrome, many are on the autism spectrum it's just a mixed bag. I can't thank the good people that have given Austin and those other kids this wonderful opportunity to play the sport we love so much.
5. Jeff & Shannon got engaged - And I'm so excited I get to be a bridesmaid! The big day is April 28th I can't wait and I wish them many, many years of wedded bliss.
4. Dad's 60th birthday party - He knew that our little family was going to the Tiger game with him to celebrate but he didn't know that 25 more of his friends and family would also be joining him. I think he was very surprised and it wasn't too over the top for the shy guy.
3. Joe's job switch- He made the jump to Dow Chemical in August and seems to be happy he made the move.
2. Tommy's hockey - Yup, it still ranks pretty high up there but only because this year the Bay County Blizzard won the MAHA State Title. That's right a State Title, granted it took some luck as they started out 1-1-1 in pool play but somehow they came out on top. Tommy's hockey also took us to Chicago for a AAA tourney which was fun.
1. Austin's 1st Communion and Confirmation ~ My little boy is growing up. We had a fabulous event with Bishop Cistone celebrating his Confirmation and Tommy got to altar serve. Then the following week we had Fr. Bill give Austin his 1st Holy Communion. We had a nice party at the house with over 60 people visiting.
Katie & Adam's wedding
St. Elizabeth Golf Outing - Team JoDa & KeMi took home the toilet paper. We so suck at golf.
Theresa K's 40th birthday party - So awesome, especially when we toilet papered their house with the above TP winnings.
Grandpa Moon died :(
Austin started SE basketball & Tommy played another Bball season
K of C Bingo
$100 Dinner Dance
My hockey! I still love it.
Very happy holidays.
No Disney vacation - Unbelievable!
We said goodbye to Fr. Bill & hello to Fr. Prentice
Numerous parties (I need a vacation after this Christmas vacation)