Sunday, July 5, 2009

Trepidation

The baby is upstairs in her crib. I REPEAT THE BABY IS UPSTAIRS IN HER CRIB!!!

If all goes well tonight I will be heading to Babies R Us tomorrow for some mesh crib bumpers to contain her little feet. She went down fairly easy after a very crabby day. Just a little squawking and she was out. She didn't nap well and was just a grouch. Maybe the time away from home on our little northern getaway was too much for her. I hope she sleeps okay. We have an Angel Care Monitor that will go off if it doesn't detect any movement from her after 20 seconds. Well it's already gone off twice because she has scooted all the way to the side of her crib and is sleeping sideways against the head of her crib. We're trying to adjust the sensitivity. Uh oh, it just went off again. Not sure how this is going to go. Maybe I just need to turn it off and have faith that all will be okay. She was fine in her pack-n-play up north and we didn't have a monitor. I just have a feeling I'll be running up there fairly often to check on her. But if she's sleeping well I guess that is all that matters. I'll let you know how it goes.

I can just hear her saying to herself where the heck did these buttheads put me?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, she looks so cute!! I hope all goes well for you guys tonight!

A few sleepless nights now could prevent many sleepless nights down the road. Good luck!

Dawn said...

Thanks Amy - An hour later and all is well. No more false alarms either. I might have to trek to bed myself soon.

Renee said...

She is so precious. It is always so hard to put them in their own beds. It took me 8 months with Arianna and it was even harder then. I hope you both sleep well tonight.

Dawn said...

Thanks Renee - I know all babies have survived this. I need to stop being a wimp. 2 hours in. I guess I should really try to go to bed.

Kiera said...

I love the picture of her in the crib! She is adorable!

Jill said...

Oh my, I can not believe how big she is getting. I hope she is sleeping well and through the night.

Dawn said...

Thanks Kiera Beth & Jill - She seems to sleep between good (up once or twice) and great (all night) She keeps rotating her nights, tonight should be a sleep all night deal. We'll hope. :)