Saturday, February 27, 2010

2010 $100 Dinner Dance

Year after the year the committee works so hard to put on a fabulous event to benefit our school and this year of course did not disappoint. The theme was A Step Back in Time and many of us went all out. Joe and I went way back all the way to the roaring twenties. We couldn't stay as long this year because Tommy had his games in Detroit starting at 9:00 the next morning but we still had a good time.

We didn't win any of the money or prizes but it's okay to just be donators some years too. We were the 102nd out of 115 balls drawn for the $3000 so we at least had that excitement. Every ball drawn gets you closer and closer and you get thinking maybe this will be your year! But alas there can only be one winner and it wasn't us. Boo Flipping Hoo.

Enjoy the pictures. You can see there were quite a few decades represented. I wish I could have gotten pictures of every cute couple there. It was especially funny seeing Sharon C. with her hair in a banana clip and her jean jacket that went down to her knees, and you can't forget the french rolled jeans. I think I was one of the last to start unrolling the jeans back in my day...the 90's! I wasn't quite ready to give up the fad. I wonder when it will be back! Yeah!!

7 comments:

BandLmom said...

Great pictures Dawn! Glad you guys had a nice time:)

Dawn said...

Thanks A! ;) Took me a half minute to figure out exactly who you were. Great job on hosting a wonderful night. We always look forward to this night.

Julie said...

I have to agree - it was a fun night. Great pictures!

Barbara said...

Looks like a fun night with fun people!

Dawn said...

Thank Julie & Barbara - It's always a good time.

Jill said...

Love the pics I also love the picture you and Joe had taken there.

Dawn said...

Thanks Jill - We did actually look good this year. ;) Last year I think someone said something about us looking like a couple of tag team wrestlers. Of course we've both lost weight since that dinner dance.