Sunday, June 19, 2011

Can't sleep again!!

Dang it this is not cool! Especially as it's Father's Day and I definitely have to be the one that's up early with the Monster.  Hopefully she'll at least sleep past 7:30. 

We had the Reese Knights of Columbus 25th Anniversary Mass and Dinner Party tonight.  Wow it was a nice time.  Those old dudes sure know how to throw a party.  It was pretty near a full far but I just hit the wine and hit it hard.  The room was a spinning tonight and now I can't sleep.  Allergies aren't helping; maybe I need to take a nip of Ashley's Claritan?  But that and motrin plus nothing to eat since the party might send me over the edge and I'd end up praying to the porcelain god.  Something I'm proud to say has never happened to me. And yeah, I'm a jerk about that.  Last fall one of the hockey Mom's overdid it and she was still ralphing the next afternoon and I was in the bathroom with her and another Mom and she was feeling so embarassed and the other Mom says "oh honey, don't feel bad we've all been there done that" and I replied "actually I haven't."  And I wonder where Tommy sometimes gets his lack of tact.

Anyhoo, I'd never hear the end of it if it was a K of C event that I finally brought me to my knees.  After all, most of the guests there are probably drawing social security.  Thankfully Joe got me out of there pretty early.  9:30 lol.  And I'm seriously going to be fine but darn it why can't I fall back asleep.

Another badness about being up is I'm such a chicken.  Every little noise freaks me out.  And of course I have lights on and figure there's somebody out the window spying on me.  Oh such a nerd.  If Joe ever keels over or ends up leaving me I'm buying a big dog or heck maybe I'll just move in with my Mom or Dad.  They'll protect me. :)  For right now, I'm certain there is someone prowling around in the basement and there's definitely a monster in the freezer.  It's probably just the ice maker but why make ice at 3:53 in the morning?

And for now, I guess I'll try to head back to bed or maybe it's time to eat something. Grandma made meatball subs tonight for the kids and there's sure to be leftovers.  Maybe I should add heartburn and indigestion to my night?  eh maybe not. I never understood why drunk people always want to go to Taco Bell to sober up.  Seems like you'd really be making a bomb in your stomach then.

And P.S.
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's and Grandpa's out there! I'm Blessed to have such a great Dad and to be married to such a wonderful husband who is also a very good Dad!  We are off in the morning to Ann Arbor for Austin's hockey banquet with his team.  It'll be nice to see everyone again. 

No comments: