Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yo Ho Yo Ho!!!

Hello all, so a few pirates have traveled home from Florida with us. The trip was so fabulous! We definitely didn't want to come home. We had a little bit of Disney Magic bestowed on us the last night there. They have a private Pirates and Princesses party which is super expensive to attend. Joe went to guest services explaining how disappointed we were since we like to spend our last night at the Magic Kingdom watching the fireworks et al. He mentioned we were annual passholders and it was our 10th anniversary trip and we were given complimentary passes to the party.

The parade and fireworks that night were absolutely amazing. People were dressed as pirates & princesses, some went a bit overboard I think but it was a very interesting night. I don't know if I would pay to attend again as it was very busy and we're not into the Pirates movies but it was neat to experience nonetheless.

The weather was absolutely fabulous. It rained on our arrival day and then only two other short moments. It was very nice. Probably the best weather trip we've had.

So Austin has been a scurvy pirate since we've been home. Yesterday he and Tommy wore their pirate hats to the Secretary of States and Austin behaved horribly. Everyone in the place thought he was so cute singing his "yo yo ho ho pirate's life for me." Joe and I were quite annoyed that he has decided not to listen to us anymore. I guess vacation was a little to lax on him. He'll acclimate soon again, I hope anyways since school starts 3 weeks from today. Wow, where did the summer go? Tommy was very excited to get a postcard from his teacher today. He's been bugging me to get his school shoes and other supplies. I guess he is getting excited for school. I am too.

Well I guess I will sign off. We took a ton of pictures, hopefully I can post some soon. Toodles!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sounds like a great vacation! I can't wait to see all the pictures. Max likes to be a scurvy pirate as well so we need to get them together again soon!! Before you start school!