Monday, March 3, 2008

Chicks with Sticks...ON ICE!!

Ahh, I will be sore tomorrow but oh what fun. Jill is supposedly going to post pictures tonight that her daughter took of us. I imagine we look real great. I wore Joe's equipment and the pants looked like a strapless dress on me. I actually probably looked like an Ogre. Or shrunken head person. I may need to go out and invest in some equipment that fits.

All I know is that I seem to skate really really fast but cannot stop. I crashed twice during the skate race and everyone kind of went "ooooohh" both times. I hit my head the 2nd time but hooray I was ok! I can't wait to go again on Monday. I'm definitely bottom of the barrel player here, and I thought I was going to be awesome. For real! Smilie-Muylle only needed her inhaler about 10 times and she stops as well as I do but is smarter and just coasts to a stop! I had a Grandpa out there telling me I was doing well, he was probably so annoyed that he got in the group with Vicki & me the newb, note not n00b; Joe will love that techy term. Everyone was really nice though. Sheri was trying to teach us how to stop. She's probably regretting asking me to play about now.

Tommy's learn to play hockey camp coaches were there running the show. I know they would remember him but I didn't mention him. I wouldn't want to embarrass Tommy. I am not worthy. Maybe in a few weeks when I'm amazing I will let on.

I know I need to get to bed but I've got such a high right now from my exciting night. I'll be dragging tail tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to move. I have a new found respect for both Tommy and my Dad. Hockey is not for sissy's.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Great tell of our evening. My feet hurt. I love hockey! I'm getting different skates then I'll be amazing. (Ha Ha)Everyone needs to know you were better then most! For sure.

Jill said...

It's great tail not tell!

Dawn said...

I surprisingly am not too sore today and I got up ok too after not sleeping so well. I'm sure I'll crash later. We will need caffeine at lunch. I hope you are doing ok this morning.

Sheri said...

Hi Dawn -

I'm glad to read you are not too sore today after those great wipeouts! Brian said he didn't even see you fall so perhaps not all eyes were on you at the time! At least we didn't all go down like bowling pins or dominos like the Tommy took me out at public skate. I hope to see you again next Monday.

Jill said...

OK! For the love of Peter Pan. It was late and I spelled TALE wrong twice. I need help!
I'm not sore either! I'll be back next Monday!

Debbie said...

Sounds like fun! The pictures are great!

sherri and Adam said...

Great post...I went to Jill's blog and saw the pics...you guys look like you were having a blast....glad to hear your not sore...yet. Take care

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun night. Hockey is definitely not for sissy's :) High-five to Tommy!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the votes of support girls! It's going to make it tough on Tuesday's but I definitely will be going back.

LOL about your errors Jill. It happens. A few more times of kissing the ice and I will be losing brain cells I'm sure. I desperately must learn how to stop safely.