Monday, September 24, 2007

Happenings...

Last week I had the pleasure of being Austin's preschool helper. It was a lot of fun but I was so tired afterwards. I had to then teach my class the rest of the afternoon and we pretty much did nothing. Yes I'm a loser. I have new respect for the early childhood workers. Those kids are busy, busy, busy!!!

On Saturday Joe was up to school helping a bunch of other parents work on the playground and such. Austie's teacher was there and she told Joe that no matter what Dawn says he's doing fine. So I will just leave it at that. He's doing fine! Glad to hear it!

So I usually leave my students out of the blog but I have a proud moment that I simply must share. All of the teachers had to go to mass yesterday and I'm usually at the Saturday night mass. Well imagine my shock when one of my students was playing the piano. He played with the regular organist and I was so impressed. Usually he'll tink around at lunch and play the YMCA or other fun tunes. He did so well!!! I guess he's been doing this for a while now. Needless to say I think I will be heading to Sunday masses more often. Way to Go Big "J". Stewardship in action!

Our ball team stinks. We've been killed and are 1 - 3 now. We just can't score. We've scored 2 runs in our last 3 games. Bah humbug. Oh well, it's still fun.

Tommy is well and enjoying school. They're turning his room into three different habitats so he's all about that. I did walk by his room today and I heard Mrs. B giving him a little business about something. Not listening apparently. Oy vey! I guess that's normal 1st grader hopefully.

Hope all is well in your realm.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great catch up post!! I am happy to hear Austin is doing well in preschool! Funny about you catching Tommy being talked to. As for your ball team, as long as you are having fun that's all that matters!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the preschool helper day even if it tired you out!